‘Women who love too much’ is the title of a world-bestseller. I am not surprised that the book has been read by so many people. It seems to be a typical female characteristic to love too intensively, and get lost in a relationship. But, can anyone love too much?
Many women lose themselves in a partnership, and would give anything to be accepted and treated equally in return. They keep waiting for years for equal love in their partnership! Love on equal terms. However, as reports about sexual and sexist assaults show, gender equality has still not reached everybody.
WHEN HEART AND SEXUAL CHAKRA ARE CLOSED
The fourth energy centre in a woman’s body lies in the area of her heart and her breasts, and is called heart chakra. Energetically it is closely connected with the second chakra, the sexual chakra. Whereas the uterus is sometimes called the ‘lower heart’, the physical heart in the chest is called the ‘upper heart’. If one of the chakras is hurt, it has a negative effect on the other.
If a woman experiences abuse, incest or rape, she usually closes her heart, and her heart chakra. Due to disturbed sexual morals, which are still wide-spread in our society, and are passed on from one generation of women to the next, a lot of women close their second chakra, and therefore cut themselves off from their sexuality or their erotic needs. They have learnt that good girls are non-sexual. Inhibited moralists still speak about the bad or dirty female sexual organs.
AS A WOMAN YOU MIGHT HAVE HEARD SENTENCES LIKE…
- “And if thou’rt unwilling, then force I’ll e”
- “Wives must be sexually available for their husbands at any time.”
- “Don’t talk about love, I just want sex.”
- “Don’t get upset about this little affair.”
- “You should not dress so sexy.”
- “We will never get divorced, no matter how bad our marriage is.”
- “I feel bad in the relationship but I have to endure it because of the children.”
WHAT HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH THE FOURTH CHAKRA?
Female disorders in the area of the heart chakra can often arise when a woman does not exactly know how to combine her love energy (energy of the fourth chakra) and her creativity, or the wish to express herself and be completely herself (energy of the second chakra). There might be an additional inner conflict, caused by a belief pattern that she is only worthy of love, when she is needed, and able to give what others need. This applies both for the care level (job, household, cooking, etc.), and also the sexual one.
Women who do not care at all for their own inner needs but are mainly involved in activities for the family, who do their jobs cheerlessly, or provide sex on demand, run the risk of imbalance in their energy system. After feeling extremely obliged to meet other people’s needs for years, feeling guilty because they have not always been able to meet other people’s expectations, these women may slide into an illness.
TYPICAL TOPICS CORRESPONDING WITH THE FOURTH CHAKRA:
- living in a loveless partnership
- remaining in a ‘dead’ partnership
- preferring suffering to divorce
- not being taken seriously as a woman
- submissive/serving role in the partnership/family
- being mean to oneself
- feeling as a sex object
- sex against one’s own wishes/needs
THE HEALING OF INJURIES OF THE FIRST FOUR CHAKRAS
During long years of practice the doctor Christine Northrup has discovered that it is very important for women to talk to someone about their problems and unfulfilled needs. This person, who could be a friend, sister, therapist or doctor, should listen closely and take her statements seriously. With many women healing can only start after someone else confirms the injuries suffered. This means, the woman has to hear the sentence, “Yes, this really happened!” from someone else, before she admits that she has been really hurt. Women tend to suppress what has happened, for example, with the words, “It was not so bad after all that he…”. Only after permission to recognize the pain, or the fact that they live in an unhappy relationship, can they accept the need for change and healing.
The following table (after C.N. Shealy and C.M. Myss, The Creation of Health, 1983) shows what disorders can be related to a weak fourth female chakra:
|Organs||mental and spiritual areas||possible physical disorders
|anger, fear, bitterness
sorrow; problems with forgiving
decreasing love for life
demanding and judging
|congestive heart failure
problems with upper back and /or shoulders
HOW CAN THE FOURTH FEMALE CHAKRA BE BALANCED AGAIN?
As with all the other chakras there are different ways of strengthening and rebalancing the fourth chakra, such as:
- on the energetic level through physical exercises or yoga
- with the help of body-energy-work
- with the help of meditation
- on the emotional level with talking therapy, family settings, kinesiology, astrological advice, etc.
- on the mental level through positive thinking, mental training, etc.
- on the spiritual level through transformation of karmic blockages or oaths with the help of spiritual tools.