Every woman bears female spirituality, whether she is aware of it or not. Whether she accepts this fact or not. Whether she finds it embarrassing or not. Whether she finds it ridiculous or not. To reconnect with their female spirituality, women neither have to read spiritual, religious or esoteric books, nor do they have to attend courses of this sort.
In mythology the spiritual woman has always been called the great wise one, primeval woman, the knowing or the great goddess. Old tradition portrays her as the life-giving creator and nourishing mother. At the same time, she is healer and destroyer in one. But what has this got to do with the 7th female chakra? Let’s have a look at some typical statements, which usually occur, when women are denied the right to spirituality.
AS WOMAN YOU MIGHT HAVE HEARD OR READ SENTENCES LIKE…
- “Eve seduced Adam. She was the first sinner.”
- “Women should not be allowed to perform religious ceremonies/actions.”
- “Religion is men’s privilege.”
- “Women are unclean (particularly during menstruation).”
- “This woman is a witch. There is something strange about her activities.”
- “Women should be excluded from religious/spiritual activities.”
- “Catholic women are not allowed to become priests, bishops or pope.”
- “Priests are not allowed to marry so that they are not distracted from their church office by wives and children.”
- “I am not surprised women landed on the stake in former times.
WHAT HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH THE SEVENTH CHAKRA?
The seventh chakra or energy centre is located in the middle of the head and is opened towards the top. Through this chakra women, as well as men, are connected with the mystical, the universal, the divine, or whatever you want to call it. Hence, a higher level of awareness or creation.
In the relationship with the divine women have always played a dominant role – even in the patriarchal religions. However, this has often been written out of history, and up to now this important role of women is often kept secret.
Particularly now, in these scientifically orientated times, many women neglect their female spirituality. Maybe it’s because they think spirituality and religion is the same, and they do not want to identify with the church and religion. But, at the same time, an increasing number of women are looking for themselves. They have got stuck in a dead-end-road or have other problems. In the course of the search they discover their natural and intuitive access to spirituality. Some even open up for the spiritual world, contacting their higher self, or other spiritual beings for the first time in their lives.
TYPICAL TOPICS CORRELATING WITH THE SEVENTH FEMALE CHAKRA:
- Being closed for spiritual topics
- Not trusting the impulses from above
- Not recognizing one’s own divinity
- Confusing religiosity with spirituality
- Not allowing female spirituality
- Lacking trust in the guidance of spirit guides
- Blocked or weak development of consciousness
- Neglecting higher beings, such as angels
- Dismissing spirituality as trifles
The following table (according to C.N. Shealy and C.M. Myss, The Creation of Health, 1983) shows what disorders can be related to a weak seventh female chakra:
|organs||mental and psychological areas||possible physical disorders|
skin and bones
|lacking trust in life
gaining attitudes, values, moral and courage
lacking concept of the entire patterns in life
degenerative disease of the nervous system
HOW CAN WE REBALANCE THE SEVENTH FEMALE CHAKRA?
As with all the other chakras there are different ways to strengthen and balance the seventh chakra, such as:
- on the energetic level through physical exercises or yoga
- with the help of body-energy-work
- with the help of meditation
- on the emotional level through talking therapy, family settings, kinesiology, astrological sessions, etc,
- on the mental level through positive thinking, mental training, etc.
- on the spiritual level through transformation of karmic blockages, or oaths with the help of spiritual tools